The GTF series of microprocessor advanced solid state power unit controls, in compact and optimized solutions, offer various power outputs for use with different types of heating elements.
Current levels range from 25A to 250A, nominal voltage from 480Vac to 600Vac. The command input is configurable and accepts 0-10V, 0/4-20mA signals, potentiometers, logic signals, including with PWM modes for cost effective solutions.
The device can also be operated via Modbus RTU serial communication, with cascade chain connections facilitated by plug-in RJ10 (telephone) connectors, or with various types of Fieldbus (Optional).
The many trigger modes are software configurable and provide:
- ZC: Zero Crossing constant cycle time (settable in range 1-200sec), for conventional loads
-BF: Burst-Firing, Zero crossing with optimized minimum cycle time, for systems with low thermal inertia, medium-wave IR lamps
- HSC: Half Single Cycle Zero Crossing (corresponding to Burst Firing) that manages single semi-cycles of conduction or stop cycles, useful for short-wave IR lamps, reduces flickering and limits generation of EMC noise on the power line (applied only to single-phase load or 3-phase open delta 6 leads)
- PA: Phase angle control, useful for short-wave IR lamps, transformer primaries. Completely eliminates flickering of load filaments.
Soft Start and soft stop ramp functions can be assigned to these controls with limitation of current peaks and/or maximum RMS current level.
Thanks to sophisticated Hardware and Software solutions, you can precisely control different types of loads.
Phase angle control matched with current limit and current, voltage, or load power feedback functions, can be used with “critical” applications such as (for example), special resistors such as special Super Kanthal™ heating elements, Silicon Carbide resistors, or transformer primaries.
GTF runs complete diagnostics of current, voltage, power, and temperature levels:
- Total and partial load interrupt alarm
- Self-learn function of alarm limit for interrupted load
- Alarm for SCR in short circuit - Alarm for load in short circuit or overcurrent
- Alarm for interrupted internal fuse Voltage Diagnostics:
- Alarm for absence of phase
- Alarm for over temperature of power module The power control with Soft start ramp limits load current peaks at power-on, ooptimizes the consumptions and increases the load operating duration.
A specific, linear Soft Start curve, designed to control gradually the current in the initial phase is available for IR lamps.
The internal resettable “electronic fuse” is an exclusive option: it lets you avoid extra-rapid fuses and greatly reduces machine downtimes and their cost.
Device parameters can be configured from PC, by means of a simple configuration SW which lets you save all parameters in a configuration file that is easy to manage and to copy to other devices.
Moreover, an RS485 serial connection of GTF is offered with Modbus RTU protocol to control currents, voltages, powers, load status, and device status from the supervisor terminal (HMI) or PLC.