GFX4-IR is a four independent loop controller, designed to manage electrical power.
GFX4 is a compact unit bounding different technological elements like:
- solid state relay
- current transformers
- fuses-holders (option)
The final result is a cost saving in terms of space and cabling.
The GFX4-IR is managed by a microprocessor that independently controls the four control loops and also runs functions specifically designed to manage singlephase and 3-phase loads, with low and high temperature coefficient, medium and short wave infrared lamps, and transformer primary circuits.
The multiple activation methods are all software-configurable, and include:
- Zero crossing with constant cycle time for conventional loads
- Burst firing with variable cycle time for systems with low thermal inertia, medium wave IR lamps
- Single cycle for short wave IR lamps with reduced flickering (half single cycle)
- Phase angle control with current limit for short wave IR lamps, transformer primaries, with assignment of soft start up and soft stop down options with limitation of max. rms current.
GFX4IR runs complete diagnostics of current, voltage, and temperature levels:
- Total and partial interrupted load alarm
- “Teach-in” function for self-learning of alarm threshold for interrupted load
- SCR in short circuit alarm
- Load in short circuit or in overcurrent alarm
- Unbalanced 3-phase load alarm
- Phase loss in case of 3-phase configurations
- Check of correct phase sequence alarm
- Overtemperature alarm
Various feedback functions in the absence of PID control have been developed for complete control of loads in all types of applications:
- Voltage feedback (V) with current limit
- Current feedback (I)
- Power feedback with maximum power limit
Configuration is changed by setting simple parameters with a software tool that guides the user to a correct and safe configuration.
GFX4-IR dialogs with the operator terminals according to the most popular protocols: from the simple and efficient Modbus to (via a second optional fieldbus communication) the by-now indispensable Profibus DP, CANopen, DeviceNet, Modbus RTU, Ethernet Modbus TCP, Ethernet IP.
The product comes with a standard configuration that is simple and quick to modify, for example, to assign different functions to outputs.