June 11, 2009
GF_PROMER is the abbreviation of “Gefran Programmer.”
This abbreviation summarizes the goal that Gefran (leader in the design and production of automation components, sensors and drives) has set for itself: create a setpoint programmer/controller that is easy and quick to program and use for any user in any sector. Among the main sectors are thermal treatment furnaces, climatic chambers, and autoclave driers
This goal has been achieved by using cutting-edge hardware and software technologies: high-resolution TFT color, ¼ VGA screens, with GF_VEDO series touch screen and 3.5” and 5.7” monitor.
Its main characteristics include:
- intuitive graphics software, designed for guided, “no-manual” programming
- copy/paste/delete functions to speed up programming
- graphics functions that let you immediately display the programming result
- monitor pages that let you control the process by checking trends of variables, setpoints, numerical values, event output state and clearance inputs on a single video page
- Channel display pages with bargraph, numerical data, information on the current control
- Ability to include/exclude any channel on the monitor pages (both trend and bargraph) to adapt the display to the user’s preferences with a simple click.
- Saving of parameters, export of historical data to USB
These features make the GF_PROMER, a programmer with 100 programs and 300 segments and up to 4 control loops, one of the simplest and most intuitive products on the market.
Actual control can be performed by Geflex series controllers, connected to GF_VEDO panels with high-speed Modbus RTU communication, or by installing GILOGIK II series analog and digital I/O modules directly on the backplane.
GF_PROMER offers flexible hardware architecture, simple software configuration, immediate information with detailed graphics pages.
Basic functions such as alarms management with acknowledge, clock/calendar for automatic start/stop of controls, saving of work recipes, export of historical data to USB, are standard features for unequalled flexibility.
GF_PROMER programmers can be integrated in supervision networks with Profibus and Modbus TCP fieldbus and allow remote and web serving functions thanks to always-on Ethernet links