GFW adv Advanced modular power controller
Ideal for control of resistive loads with low and high thermal coefficient, IR lamps, transformers, in mono-bi-triphase configurations and currents up to 250 Amperes
- Current levels from 40A to 250A, 480VAC and 600VAC
- Trigger configurable in “Zero crossing” (Fixed Cycle, Burst Firing, Half single Cycle) or “Phase angle”
- Smart Load Management: optimized management of energy costs (optional)
- PID regulator for integrated closed-loop control (optional)
- Configurable analog input for: Volt, mA, potentiometer sensor input (digital in PWM)
- Incorporated fuse (optional)
- On-board resettable electronic fuse (optional)
- Total and partial load interrupt alarm (optional)
- Current limit (optional)
- Feedback V, I, P (optional)
- Configurations: Monophase, Biphase and Triphase (synchronized)
- Fieldbus (optional): Modbus RTU, Profibus DP, CanOpen, Devicenet, Modbus-TCP, Ethernet IP, EtherCAT
- Keypad for parameter configuration/read (optional)
- Configuration from PC
- CE, UL ( pending)
GFW adv is more than a controller and more than a mono-bi-triphase solid state power unit: it integrates these functions in mechanical solutions that are modular, compact, and optimized to control any type of electric heating in a wide range of applications and markets.
The incorporated PID controller (optional) directly acquires the signal from the thermocouple or resistance thermometer and controls power by means of double SCR junctions, and provides physical Relay/ Logic outputs for alarms and/or cooling functions.
Current levels range from 40A to 250A, voltage from 90 VAC to 600VAC.
The command input is configurable and accepts 0-10V, 0/4-20mA signals, potentiometers, logic signals, including with PWM modes for cost effective solutions.
The device can also be operated via Modbus RTU serial communication, with IN/OUT chain connections facilitated by plug-in RJ10 (telephone) connectors, or with various types of Fieldbus (Optional).
Evolven solutions of “Smart Load Management” are previewed that allow optimize control of multiple loads, limit power peaks at switch-on, control maximum supplied powers, optimize the “power factor” during full-power operation.
The benefits of these functions translate directly into lower energy costs.
GFW adv can also be used as an advanced actuator, in this case receiving the power signal via analog input in Volt, mA, potentiometer or Fieldbus.
In Biphase or Triphase configurations, a “Master” module handles synchronisms for correct functioning of all control modes (zero crossing or phase angle).
The internal resettable “electronic fuse” is an exclusive option: it lets you avoid extra- rapid fuses and greatly reduces machine downtimes caused by looking for such fuses (and their availability).
In any case, extra-rapid fuses can also be installed in the GFW controllers (under the front cover) and are simple and easy to replace.
Thanks to sophisticated Hardware and Software solutions, you can precisely control resistive loads with zero crossing trigger modes (with three different variants to optimize cycle time) or special resistors such as Super Kanthal™, Silicon Carbide, and monophase and triphase transformer primaries with phase control modes.
All four trigger modes are software configurable and provide:
- ZC: Zero Crossing constant cycle time (settable in range 1-200sec), for conventional loads
- BF: Burst-Firing, Zero crossing with optimized minimum cycle time, for systems with low thermal inertia, medium-wave IR lamps
- HSC: Half Single Cycle Zero Crossing corresponds to Burst Firing that manages single semi-cycles of conduction or stop cycles, useful for short-wave IR lamps, reduces flickering and limits generation of EMC noise on the power line (applied only to singlephase load or 3-phase open delta 6 leads)
- PA: Phase angle control, useful for shortwave IR lamps, transformer primaries.
Completely eliminates flickering of load filaments.
Soft Start ramp functions can be assigned to these controls, with options such as “current limit” that keeps current peaks at power-on and RMS current level at full power under control.
GFW runs complete diagnostics of current, voltage, power, and temperature levels:
- Total and partial load interrupt alarm
- Self-learn function of alarm limit for interrupted load.
- Alarm for SCR in short circuit
- Alarm for load in short circuit or overcurrent
- Alarm for interrupted internal fuse
- Alarm for absence of phase
- Signal for incorrect rotation of 3 phases (for triphase applications)
- Alarm for triphase line unbalanced
- Measurement of power module temperature - Alarm for over temperature of power module
- Measurement of power terminals temperature
- Alarm for over temperature of power terminals
- Alarm for absence of 24V supply to cooling fan.
Parameters can be configured from an optional keypad with LCD screen that attaches magnetically to the front panel and from PC with the GF_eXpress configuration kit, which lets you save all parameters in a configuration file that is easy to manage and to copy to other devices.
GFW always provides an RS485 serial connection with Modbus RTU protocol to control currents, voltages, powers, load status, and device status from the supervisor terminal (HMI) or PLC.
A second (optional) communication port is offered that lets you choose from among the following Fieldbuses:
Modbus RTU, Profibus DP, CanOpen, Devicenet, Modbus-TCP, Ethernet IP, EtherCAT.
Components CE Conformity Declaration
Gefran spa UL
RoHS Conformity Declaration